I do not care what anyone says: strutting is fun!
If you are anything like me, you do the following:
- Walk down the street with your music on, and headphones in
- appreciate when men look at you on the street mid strut.
If you like/do the aforementioned points, this post is for you.
First, let’s break down a successful strut. A successful strut incorporates the following aspects:
- Keep your legs close together
- imagine a straight line in front of you and walk that line (if there is a physical line, use that, but don’t make it obvious)
- hips should sway naturally. Do not try too hard!
- Slightly cross your legs mid walk, but beware, if you cross too far, you will trip yourself
- The correct heel height and size
Now: if you are not able to get the correct tempo in your head, music will an infinite help!
I personally have a preference when I strut my stuff, it has to have a good bass, and it can’t be too fast (*obviously*)
Below, are my top picks for strutting down the street:
AronChupa – Albatraoz
Nelly Furtado – Maneater
Lady Gaga – Just Dance
RuPaul – Supermodel
Madonna – Vogue
AronChupa – Little Swing
Tujamo – Drop That Low
Strutting is fun and is a sacred practice to women. Nobody likes a woman who walks like a dinosaur in heels so make sure you keep practicing!
If you would like a free stylist consultation, please visit RABFashionConsulting.com